DMDI Institute (IML) & Association for Manufacturing Technology Help Us Demolish Manufacturing Myths
It has been a busy spring at our Hoffman Estates facility. On March 20, we hosted 28 students from New Trier High School as a part of Oakton Community College’s 6th annual Manufacturing Expo 2014. We were proud to participate in this event, alongside several of our peers in the manufacturing industry in winning hearts and minds of the next generation of manufacturers… but we we’re just getting warmed up!
On the evening of April 16, we are hosting a Manufacturing Open House at our facility for local high school students and their parents. The event is organized and approved by GCAMP (Golden Corridor Advanced Manufacturing Partnership), and is an effort to engage the students, show them as much as we can first-hand, and encourage them to pursue a career in manufacturing. Our goal is to make sure we clear up any misconceptions that they – and importantly, their parents – may have about this industry.
APRIL 16, 2014 — 7:00-8:30 p.m.
RSVP now to email@example.com
John Zaya has an audience at the machine, prior to chips flying.
If you’re a student in Chicago’s northwest suburbs near I-90 – whether in high school or college – and looking for a rewarding high-tech career, GCAMP can help meet your immediate employment needs in the fields of advanced manufacturing. Or if you’re a parent who is curious – or perhaps skeptical – about manufacturing, you’ll be surprised at how bright of a future technology holds for your son or daughter. RSVP today to secure a limited placement, and enjoy the following:
- Scott Miller, head of Illinois Manufacturing Lab (IML), which is co-located with President Obama’s DMDI Institute, will discuss new, exciting fields and careers in digital manufacturing
- Greg Jones, VP Smartforce Development, AMT, will talk about tomorrow’s workforce and the IMTS Student Summit
- Interact with engineers, designers and executives currently working in the local manufacturing industry
- Witness manufacturing in action with machine demos
- Talk to representatives from local colleges, including Harper College and Northern Illinois University, about career opportunities in manufacturing
SEE AMT’S SMARTFORCE RALLY FIGHTER
Smartforce Rally Fighter will be on hand.
The Smartforce Rally Fighter embodies the spirit of American manufacturing and innovation. The Rally Fighter itself is the world’s first open-source production vehicle, designed and developed by a collaboration between Local Motors and a global community made up of thousands of designers, fabricators, engineers and auto enthusiasts.
Did you find this insightful? Let us know what you think by adding your comments or questions below.
Request for quotes and other inquiries should be submitted to our contact us form.