EWB 2-50 Balanceable Boring Heads
EWB 2-50 balanceable boring heads maximize cutting speeds and feeds on small diameter bores due to an integrated counterweight, which allows for precision balancing of the tool assembly. By using charts that are applied with these boring heads, the graduated scale ring can be rotated to the correct setting to offset the unbalance of the various boring bar/insert holder combinations possible with this versatile system. Significant improvements to bore quality, surface finish, and tool life are all the result of balanced tooling.
To balance the whole tool combination there are pre-balanced shanks and components available. Even at maximum speeds, balanced tools guarantee vibration-free boring, resulting in increased productivity and high precision.
- Short and compact boring head with an extremely rigid construction
- Ground and play-free fitted micrometer spindle for a very precise and direct adjustment of the tool carrier
- Coated tool body for complete protection against corrosion
- Variable length adjustment of the tool holder ensures optimized boring depth setting
- Integrated counterbalance mechanism allows fine balancing for multiple assembly configurations by rotating the scale ring according to adjustment tables included with the boring head.